Hello my crafty peeps!  I am back and excited to show you another project card from the Altenew Educator Certification Program :)  The class for this project was all about the shine and I'm not sure I could get much more shine into this card than I did!  I hope you enjoy it! It's actually a very quick and simple card, yet super effective for that "WOW" factor.

The card base is a standard A2 size made from Classic Crest Solar White 80lb cardstock. The three most shiniest things in my arsenal for card making are: Altenew gold washi tape, glitter (I actually have a small cupboard devoted to just glitter ), and sequins, which I have recently gotten into using (I feel like I am the late kid to class on the sequin train).  Of course I had to add all three of these shiny products to the card!  First I wanted to run the gold washi tape down the fold edge of the card.  My trick for this is to lay your card open face down on your cutting mat and tape the face down with low-tack tape. Then you can use the measure lines on your cutting board to easily make a smart line of the washi tape across the card face. I used very fine point snips to trim the tape up to the edge of the card face.  I would only recommend using a craft knife for this if the blade is new and very sharp because washi tape is not super sticky, and the pulling motion of the craft knife could wrinkle it and fray the end. 

With my "sophisticated" gold strip on, I set the card base to the side to begin work on that fabulously thick, sparkle card face.  I cut another piece of the cardstock and trimmed it down to give a good show of white above and below it, once it's adhered to the card face. This will frame the glittery bits well.  Next I took my versamark ink pad and smeared it on the layer from the top down, trying to get some good trailing off near the bottom.  I laid the Versamark on THICK. No need to use any anti-static on this since I'm going for all the surface coverage I could get.  Next I took Altenew Golden Peach embossing power and poured some of it into a small little dish.  Then I found the sparkliest fine glitter from my stash, which ended up being Stickles Ice glitter in Cherry Ice and I poured it into the dish of embossing powder-it probably ended up being a two part glitter to one part embossing powder ratio.  If you've never mixed these two products keep this in mind: glitter is heavier than the embossing powder, so you want to use the finest glitter you can find and mix it together well with the embossing powder or it will sink under the powder.  With my mixture ready, I poured the whole lot onto the card layer.  I love how it came out!!  Next, I wanted the sentiment to be decorated with the same embossing powder, but I needed to also balance it with the rest of the embossing on the card so I die cut "hugs" from Altenew die set Script Words" from the top embossed area of the card, making sure to retain the cut away areas from the "h", "g" and "s". 

To assemble the finished card I used wide double sided foam tape to adhere the layer to the front of the card. I attached the cut out sentiment on top of the layer near the bottom with double sided foam dots and used some of the foam dots to attach those tiny cut away bits back into the holes from their letters-to do this I had to cut down the foam really tine so it didn't show, especially for the "s".  The final touch was adhering crystal clear and gold sequins on each side of the card, kind of like glittery freckles to finish off the card face.  I adhered these with Ranger Glossy Accents so there would be no glue residue showing when they dried.  

And that's it!  A very quick, easy and effective card.  I just love this card and I hope you do to. Leave me a comment and let me know what you think, and  don't forget, if you try any of these technique, let me know!  Thanks for hanging with me, I'll see you soon!




Comments

  1. WOW. So much sparkle!! Thank you for submitting your sparkly creation to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts