Here is my project for All About Layering 2 in Level 1 of the AECP program.  I feel like I couldn't add more layers to this card if I tried!  This card face starts on a A7 panel of Classic Crest Solar White 80lb cardstock.  I stamped a boarder around the panel with leaves from the "You Are Absolutely Fabulous" stamp set using Altenew Crisp Dye Ink in Peach Perfect.  I then ran Altenew Crisp Dye Ink in Dark Chocolate all around the edge.  These colors set the tone for this card as I had a vintage Hawaiian postcard in mind (maybe because I made this card during a blizzard, and I was imagining a warm sunny place)  I set this panel aside to work on the foreground panel which is an A2 panel cut from the same cardstock.  I set this panel in my Stamparatus and lined up all the words and phrases stamps I had from my Altenew stamp sets, on the stamping panel.  I dabbed the Dark Chocolate ink on them with a foam dauber then dabbed all over them in Altenew Permanent Black ink very, very lightly.  Bringing the stamping panel down onto the cardstock and barely pressing down, resulted in a worn out lettering look.  I went back to the Peach Perfect ink and applying varying pressures with a foam dauber I "antiqued" over the faded lettering.  Again I ran the Dark Chocolate around the edge of this panel, but this time I feathered it in just a bit to give it an old sepia tone photo look.  Next came the fun part:  the layering flower stamps!! Using the flowers from the "You Are Absolutely Fabulous" stamp set, I first did only two layers of flowers in Dark Chocolate utilizing the first and second generation stamping technique.  The next flowers brought life to the project by using layers of Altenew Crisp Dye Ink in Baby Pink, Cotton Candy, Fuschia and Orange Dream. The centers of the flowers were stamped with Altenew Crisp Dye Ink in Ruby Red and Dark Chocolate. Setting this panel aside, I got to work on the fun embellishments for this card.

    I wanted to bring in a flash of color to the muted colors of this card so I used a foam dauber to apply Altenew Crisp Dye Ink in Limeade to the edges of the leaves and another foam dauber to apply Altenew Crisp Dye Ink in Lime along the middle veins of the leaves from the  "Engagement Wishes" stamp set.  I die cut these out and used Altenew Crisp Dye Ink in Fresh Leaf on a foam dauber to blend the middle of the leaves, then I rimmed the leaves with Altenew Crisp Dye Ink in Parrot.  The smaller leaves at the bottom of the card are from the "You Are Absolutely Fabulous" stamp set and are layered with the Limeade, Lime and Parrot. Using a stylus I rolled the tips of these smaller leaves to they would rise up off the card. The two flowers popping off of the card are layered in the same color pattern as those stamped on the word panel however I did add a touch of Wink of Stella to these two flowers for some fun.  The final embellishment for this card was the sentiment.  I cut two banners from the same cardstock, one being twice the size of the other.  This larger one was edged in Peach Perfect and the thin one was edged in Baby Pink. Both were stamped with sentiments from the "Engagement Wishes" stamp set using the permanent black ink.  Now came the fun part:  stacking the layers together.

I added double sided foam adhesive squares to the "antiqued" lettered panel and centered that onto the A7 stamped panel. Next I glued on the leaves. The two large flowers were added with double sided foam adhesive squares and the sentiment flags were tucked in and only glued on the end that was tucked under the upper flower, so they would have a bit of movement.

I loved making this card!  First of all, you guys know I love all things crafty vintage, and bringing color into a vintage look can be a challenge.  I think this came out exactly how I pictured it.  Please take a moment and let me know what you think!  Thanks for stopping by!!



Comments

  1. Your card is lovely! I like the vintage, mixed media vibe. Moving forward, can you please try to add larger photos of your project so we can see the beauty of it better?
    Thank you for submitting your wonderful work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😁 thank you, lol, another technology challenge-you bet!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts